Aidan is 6 years old tomorrow. I'm not sure where those 6 years went! But I am sure happy to have a healthy, energetic, and happy 6 year old running around my house. A couple of things I love about Aidan at this time of his life: He gives lots of hugs and kisses, he can read the birthday card I wrote for him, he voluntarily says we are the best mommy and daddy in the world, he loves to be read to from the Hobbit, he can ride his bike like a maniac, he is helpful, he is (generally) kind to his siblings, he is independent, he loves to learn, he thinks his daddy is the smartest person in the universe, he thinks his mommy is best cook every, he can wash his own hair, clean his own bum, brush his own teeth, pour his own water, put on his own shoes, he loves transformers and lego, he loves his friends and is just plain loveable.
Yesterday, we had a birthday party for him and 5 of his friends. The theme was an Alien Space Party. We made alka seltzer rockets (very cool), had an alien war (I made aliens out of garbage bags and the kids attacked them with water guns. This was by far the highlight), Saved the Planet (water relay game to gather enough water to save the planet from the alien attack), and a few other crazy games. It was definitely a party fit for boys although the one girl who came seemed to enjoy herself. You will notice a picture of Keira below that tells you how excited she was about all the boys craziness! Tomorrow is his real birthday so waffles with strawberries for breakfast and a trip to the water park are in the plans! 


7 comments:
Finally a new blog. Love the pics of the alien birthday party. Sorry i missed out on that one Aidan. Happy Birthday Aidan, love Uncle P and Auntie C and Max and Eddie and the fishes!!!!
Happy Birthday Aidan!
Aidan, you are a fun, cute, loveable and loving grandson! I knew your birthday party would be outta this world! You do have a super Mommy and Daddy! I am blessed beyond measure to have you for my grandson! Love the last pic...carrying on a family tradition! Have a wonderful birthday! Love Nana
ps...great blog Elizabeth...thanks for taking the time to blog!
Great pics of the party! I can't believe how he's growing up! I can still remember like yesterday the moment you told me you were pregnant with Aiden, in front of your old rental place, with a pumpkin sitting outside the doo(weird I remember that!) and I think my scream (of excitement of course) scared you more than anything! Wow, he is such a delight and so thrilled to have been apart of his life all this time!
I don't remember the pumpkin but I do remember your scream. That was a great moment and I'm so happy too we've got to share all our baby moments together.
Wow...what a fun party! Happy Birthday Aidan! We love you!
That looks like it was quite the party. Aaron had a blast and honestly I thought the alka seltzer rockets were pretty cool too. Happy Birthday Aidan! Thanks for being such a great kid and a great friend to Aaron.
Post a Comment