Thursday, May 10, 2007

Kids Make Life Fun

I must admit there are very brief moments when I have wondered why I ever had children. These moments have of course mainly been in the middle of the night but this week I realised again that kids make life more fun. The last few years my birthdays have seemed a little dull (except of course my big surprise party a couple of years ago) but this year I got to experience my birthday through the eyes of Aidan and Michael. They were so excited that it was Mommy's birthday that I knew when they had made my card and got my present. They loved my cards, presents, and birthday cake. I don't remember the last time blowing out candles was so fun. I don't think coming downstairs to a family room filled with beautiful red balloons would have been quite so exciting if my kids had not been over the moon about them. A couple of years ago, I probably would not have had noisemakers at my party or been outnumbered by children at my own birthday dinner. It's great to experience the joy of life through my kids perspectives. Here's Aidan and his friend Aaron on my birthday. This week, I also got to go to preschool with Aidan to celebrate Mother's Day. We did a craft, sang songs, drank coffee and had a special performance. All the kids were so proud to have their moms there. I had a special time just hanging out with Aidan. Here, he is performing a rock and roll ABC song. And for fun here's some pics of my other cutie pies. Keira is crawling everywhere now. She even has carpet burn on her legs from trying to go to fast. She is also always standing up on her hands and leg and she has just started walking when we hold her hands. She had a great time playing with this laundry basket. The other picture is of Michael having a good sleep.

2 comments:

leah said...

Wow...sounds like the kids sure made for an exciting birthday..that is so great! I can't believe Miss Keira...you go girl and in a few weeks I sure hope you can teach Quinn some of your tricks! He is finally commando crawling often and not crying so much about it anymore!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday. I agree that birthdays are always fun when there are kids around. Seems like they are always at the centre of attention even if it is your birthday. Thay little Keira is sure off to the races. She must be having a blast terrorizing the boys. Can't wait to see her crawling.