Sunday, March 2, 2008

Michael's 3rd Birthday Party

Yesterday, we celebrated Michael's 3rd birthday with a racing car birthday. All his favorite friends were there--11 kids altogether. The kids started out by decorating license plates with their names and ages on them. They then moved downstairs for the coolest race course ever. Each kid was given a hot wheels car to drive through different stations. They had to fling the car through a tunnel, through a pyramid of blocks, take a ferry, go down a ramp, get shot through the "ring of fire", up a mountain and down a huge ramp. This was a big hit with the boys and girls. Then we opened presents, ate lunch and cake and went home. The kids mostly all played well together and altogether was a low stress and fun party. At the end of the day, I asked Michael what his favorite part of the party was and he said "Papa's party". All that planning and fun and he still loved the simple party we threw for my dad a couple of weeks ago the most.

6 comments:

Shelbs said...

Looks like a fun time!

Ratchet said...

great party Lizbeth, you are the best mom ever! wish I could've been there

PCKUHN said...

Wow Michael, Happy Birthday!!! I wish I could have been there to eat all your racecar cake. Looks like alot of fun. Love you, Uncle Patrick

leah said...

Wow...can you say super parents! I wish I could have come...what fun! Kate and Quinn would have had a blast! Why do you have to live in Langley again! Calgary is so much fun!! You're kids are gorgeous...I love Keira's piggy tails!

Tricia said...

Michael's birthday was a hit! You made it fun fun fun for the kids and easy on you! The cake looks great, Michael looks so very happy and all the guests had fun! What a success! Keira is adorable in her pigtails! Love you all and miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun! What a cool cake. Elizabeth you are a super mom. I am honored that Michael loved Papas party the best of all!!