Monday, July 7, 2008
Favorites and frisbees
Today was the first day of Soccer Camp at our church and Aidan's first time as part of the actual camp and not just the child care. He has been looking forward to this practically since the day he was born as do all the children in our church. But leading up to it, he has actually been quite nervous. He kept saying that he wanted to be on my team and he was not going to leave me--EVER. Well, for 3 hours I never saw him and he had an awesome time. When I went to get him, he said "I like my coaches even more that you Mommy!" I guess it was bound to happen eventually.
Then, later this afternoon we went for a walk/bike ride to our local water park. On the way to the park, we stopped at the 7-11 for slurpees. We spent most of our time at the park eating the slurpees but at one point we made the kids tear themselves away from their sweet treats to go play. A few minutes later, Michael came running back saying "I want my frisbee. I want my frisbee." This was his special word for slurpee.
Keira's cute words today were "Watie please" (Water), yuck, boon (balloon), neigh (horse), bike, baby and many more. Her favorite phrase right now is "I wanna_____" and "mine".
Yikes. I love my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I didn't realize it was soccer camp this week...how exciting that Aidan gets to be a part of it now! Sounds like a great day!
I forgot to congratulate Keira on her amazing vocabulary accomplishments! Yeah Keira...you should call Auntie Leah and we'll have a chat.
What a milestone for Aidan. Me and Jason Smoker were just talking about how our summer milestone was to not have to wear a lifejacket on the dock. What a great day that was!!! Miss those Cameron Lake days!!! Wow Keira must be talking up a storm, competing with Jason. Haha. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. Uncle P
You are having a busy busy week with soccer camp...don't know how you keep up with it all! Super-MOM I know! Keira is at such a cute age...her smiles and her chatter are the cutest. Aidan does say the most memorable things...glad to hear he is loving being an official participant at soccer camp...Michael just wants to be mini-Aidan, and he tries so hard to keep up...such a sweetie! He is going to change over the next little while as Aidan goes to kindergarten and all! Love you and have so many good good memories of your visit! Miss you and anticipate September...my faveorite time of year with you all!
Post a Comment