Thursday, July 24, 2008
The First Break
Well, it finally happenned. The first broken bone. I was hoping we might get away with none of those in this family. Today, Michael and Aidan were fooling around on the couch and Michael fell off and broke his wrist. There is nothing like Mommy adrenaline rush. I had all my friends and family called within 5 minutes within a 1 mile radius trying to find someone to watch Aidan and Keira plus my neice and nephew. I left messages with 5 different people and thankfully J's Mom and sister soon responded so I could whisk my little guy away to a 4 1/2 hour visit to emergency. He was very brave through all the poking, X-rays and casting. He now has a temporary cast just in time for our first camping trip and when we get back he will get a real cast for the next 5-6 weeks! Poor little guy! I am thankful he is okay and for all the help from family. He is now sleeping peacefully and I think I will go join him shortly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I figured there would be a blog post soon.
I think it's a right of passage for boys to break something.
I am sure Kyle and Aaron would love to sign Michael's cast when we gets a real one.
Ahhh poor little guy. I just feel so bad for him right now. I know that mommy freak out feeling.
I'm sure he will be excited to have people signing his cast (until the novelty wears off).
Welcome to the broken limb club. How many more will come?
Welcome to the club indeed! Does he have to have a plaster cast? I hope he can get a more kid-friendly one that what Max had. Sheesh. Poor boy. I was actually in your neck of the woods today and was going to call but I didn't have your phone number with me. Guess this wouldn't have been a good day to play. :(
Oh...poor Michael...poor Mommy! I can't believe it....that's way worse than the flu!! I hope he is feeling alright today! What a way to start a holiday.
Post a Comment