Today we celebrated Aidan's 4th birthday. It started out a little rough but once the party got going, we all had a great time! We were supposed to go to Grandma Evelyn's house to party outside and have a weiner roast. We were packed up and on our way when we realised how bad the weather was so, an hour before the party was to start we headed back home to make some phone calls and do a frantic clean up. We managed to get the mess cleaned and make the house ready for a party in record time. I even got a coffee gulped down to get rid of my headache. Aidan had 5 friends over plus some parents, Grandma Evelyn and his family. It was a race car party so we made race cars and then the kids raced around the house. This turned out better than I expected as it was originally an outside activity in my mind. The kids all loved the cars. (They better have loved them as J and I were up to 11:30 last night getting them ready. This is late for us especially after a week of no sleep.) Then we played musical parking spaces and charades and ate hot dogs. Aidan got some cool presents including Adventure for Odyssey cds, a front loader, bubbles, a Boggle game and a race car track. During the games, Jason whipped together a slide show of all the kids in their cars and the kids watched themselves on TV. This was a big hit. I was impressed that Jason could get this together so fast. The race track cake turned out well and even tasted good. We still weren't able to coax Kyle into eating it (not a big fan of cake) but he enjoyed his gold fish at yet another birthday party!! Aidan says the favorite part of his party was the cake and his friends. 

Yesterday, it was Aidan's actual birthday. He got to choose all his meals so we had french toast for breakfast, tomato soup for lunch and Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese for supper. Then we had a movie night and watched a car racing show. He got lots of phone calls which he thought was very cool! I just can't believe he is 4 already! Where has the time gone?
Thankfully, she is doing much better today. This is the end to a very long, tiring week.
Other news this weeks is that Keira has been very sick. It started out on Sunday with runny nose and teething and turned into fever, diarhea, projectile puking, no eating, no sleeping etc. She was so sad and so not herself. I would put her down on the floor and she would just lie her head down and look pathetic. This is what she was doing this week and what I was wishing I could do.
4 comments:
Four? Already?! I've been gone too long becasue I forgot it was his special day. We'll have to make up for it. I've been thinking of you as my toddler is driving me up the wall. Get ready to share all your secrets to evoke obedience in a e year old boy!
Poor little girl, I hope you all get some good sleeps soon.
Wow...looks like such a great success! Aidan is so lucky to have such fun and devoted parents. what great memories you have created in that day! I hope you can get some rest this week. Poor Keira...she looks green in that photo...almost makes me feel sick! Take care of yourselves and what an amazing party...looked like tons of fun!
What a fun party! Wish I could have been there. Looks like Aidan had great fun, wonderful friends, and awesome food (hot dogs!). What more could you ask for in a party. Hope you have time to recover from what was a pretty exhausting week. Love you all as big as the universe!!
Aidan's birthday was very long awaited for!! He has been anticipating it forever and it sounds like the wait was worth it. You and Jason did an amazing job of executing your plans! WOW! You are definitely devoted!! Aidan is growing up fast...seems like yesterday that we were looking forward to the birth of our first grandchild!
How did Michael do with the focus on Aidan? Keira! Poor little girl..she does look forlorn...enough to break your heart. Glad she is feeling better today. Hope there was some energy left to celebrate Father's Day today! Get some sleep and start planning Michael's birthday! HAHAHA!! It never ends! Love you all so much! MOM
Post a Comment