Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter

I feel like I have had lots to consider this Easter weekend in remembering the death and resurrection of my Savior, experiencing those truths through Aidan's perspective and remembering my beautiful Auntie Jean after she passed away. Aidan has been very interested and curious about death lately. We have had many discussions about bugs, animals and people dying. He accepts it easily as a part of life. He has been very interested in the story of Easter from Jesus riding in on a donkey to him coming alive again. He seems to understand that this is special and in talking about it in simple terms with him, I find my faith is made more simple and beautiful. I love how my children make me experience things in a new way. The wonder of Jesus' death and ressurection was made even more real as I attended my Auntie Jean's memorial service. There was real hope in thinking about her as we all knew that she was with Jesus and she had no more pain. We know how full of joy she must be. As I grieved for her at the service, I was also inspired to live my life more fully for Him and for others. It was said that Auntie Jean's hobby was "people". She was always blessing people with her hospitality and encouraging people to follow Jesus. I know that her special interest and love for me has made a difference in my life and I hope one day I will have so inspired and loved as many as she did. We have also had one less child this weekend as Michael has been in Nanaimo with Papa. He has been having a wonderful time with all the extra attention he has been receiving. We have also had a good weekend as we have really had some special times with Aidan. We've realized that we need to make it a priority to have special times alone with the kids. Yesterday we took Aidan and Keira to Campbell Valley Park for a long walk. Aidan loved every second of touching slugs, looking at birds and chipmunks, splashing through the mud and playing troll with his daddy under a little bridge. When we asked him what his favorite thing was about the hike he said it was playing troll with daddy. I think he liked doing things at his pace rather than at Michael's. Keira continues to be her delightful self. She is rolling, squirming and pushing backwards to move around the living room. She has figured out how to go from lying on her tummy to sitting up which she does over and over again. Such a cutie pie. This weekend we also experienced deep fried turkey for the first time at Walter and Julia's. It was delicious! We had a wonderful dinner at their house as well as at Andrea and James' house. Thanks everybody! Here's a picture of the famous turkey and Keira in her Easter dress.

2 comments:

leah said...

Looks like you had a great weekend providing for many thoughtful and meaningful moments! It was hard not being able to be at Auntie Jean's service...from what I hear it was a very good and beautiful service. I bet Aidan enjoyed the weekend being almost the center of attention. We too try to spend one on one time with Kate and Quinn sometimes they just need it and it makes a big differenced in their mood. Kate loves Daddy/Daughter days especially... and Quinn would prefer to have Mommy/Son Day all day every day! Counting down the days...can't wait to see you all!

Kuhndog said...

WE HAD A GREAT TIME WITH MICHEAL ON THE WEEKEND. HE WAS SO WELL BEHAVED. HE WAS SO CUTE WHEN HE HAD HIS EASTER EGG HUNT ALL BY HIMSELF. ALL WEEKEND HE WOULD SAY "IM 2... IM BIG BOY" I ASK HIM IF HE WAS A CUTE BOY AND HE RESPONDED BY SAYING NO IM BIG BOY. I TOOK HIM IN THE BACK YARD TO LOOK FOR WORMS. I WOULD DIG EM UP AND HE WOULD PUT THEM IN THE BUCKET. HE MADE A REALLY FUNNY FACE WHEN HE PICKED THEM UP AS THOUGH HE WAS SCARED OF THEM. WE HAD A GREAT TIME SEND HIM OVER ANYTIME YOU NEED A BREAK OR SPECIAL TIME THAT GOES FOR ADAIN AND KEIRA AS WELL.
LOVE YOU,
JAMIE