Sunday, February 18, 2007
The Near-Fatal Broil
Elizabeth made some broiled open-faced sandwiches for the boys' lunch today - standard fare in our house. She had to tend to something and asked me to "watch the sandwiches" in her absence. So, I checked my e-mail and wandered aimlessly around the house for a few minutes. I checked on the sandwiches - just fine. Then Elizabeth returned to the kitchen, so I went off and did my own thing. Five minutes later I hear her yell from some non-kitchen area of the house, "Are you watching the sandwiches!?"
What Elizabeth failed to realize was that my supervisory responsibilities ended the moment she stepped into the kitchen - even if she was not intending to remain in the kitchen. No, I did not verbally hand over charge of the sandwiches to my wife. But then again, when you're married, verbal contracts aren't really necessary anymore. "Looks" should suffice. And I "looked" at her.
After we rescued the sandwiches from a near-fatal broil, we laughed until we stopped.
Huh. Marriage rocks. At least, mine does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was just thinking about those sandwiches she makes ... Good inspiration to add to Max's menu. And good advice for Dear Hubby when he "watches" them for me.
I too am now thinking about Elizabeth's yummy grilled sandwiches. My only comment is a big HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Jason you have a great sense of humour! I love it! A great story...it is always good when the two of you laugh at the same time and then stop at the same time...makes life...so good!! MMMM! Elizabeth does make everything good...must be the LOVE that goes into it!!
Post a Comment